[pianotech] Got a lay-off notice from school...

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 25 07:54:54 MDT 2010

Hi, Ron:
    Sorry to hear they terminated you.  I mean, you're not dead yet!  Might try warming up to a local store for some warrantee work, floor tunings, etc.  Pick up some customers that way.  Contact the teacher at the school and see if you can still keep tuning there, see if he/she has any outside students they might send your way.  A local newspaper short article about yourself, your experience, etc.  Find some bushes to beat...  What is the school going to do, neglect the pianos?  One thing I'm going to try is, going to local hospitals and offering to tune pianos that they may have there, for a discount/free or whatever.  Many people will see you, and they'll stop by and ask for your card.  I've picked up several new customers doing that.  People are fascinated by what we do, so if you can be doing it in front of them, they can't help but come over and watch.
    Ok, now sending good vibes...(OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMM)
    Paul McCloud (ex-store employee)
    San Diego