[pianotech] Got a lay-off notice from school...

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Wed Aug 25 12:08:25 MDT 2010

Ron

Even though you are not working full time for the school, those pianos still need to be tuned. I presume they will ask you to do that, but this time, charge them full boat, or maybe at a slight discount.

As Paul mentioned, contact a store or two. Get on Craig's list. Make sure all the piano tuners in your chapter know that you are available to do extra work.

As far as your insurance, be sure to contact the Human Resource Department and get set up for COBRA, to continue your health insurance. Yes, you're going to have to pay it yourself, but you will continue to receive the same benefits.

Good luck

Been there, done that. Except I decided to move to a different part of the country.

Wim