[pianotech] CA'ing pinblocks in the summer

Scott Gray pelican2 at gmx.com
Tue Aug 24 13:19:52 MDT 2010

  Hi,

There's some good info at the dryburg website:

*Problem:* 	*Loose Tuning Pins*
*Products:* 	Hot Stuff <http://www.dryburghadhesive.com/product/hot-stuff/>
*Method:* 	In Grand pianos, remove piano action. In vertical pianos, lay
piano on its back. Apply Pro-Tip applicator on Hot Stuff Red, put 5-10
drops of glue around the base of the tuning pin until the capillary
action stops. Do this in groups of 15 pins. Go back a second time and
add a few more drops proceeding onto a new group. When this step is
completed, spray NCF around the base of each tuning pin. Wait 15 minutes
and tune! To do entire piano you will need 2 two-ounce bottles.

from HERE <http://www.dryburghadhesive.com/piano-repair.html>

Guys I know don't like the NCF as it leaves a deposit that's
unattractive..  Let it cure by itself overnight.

Scott
RSG Piano Service