[pianotech] CA'ing pinblocks in the summer

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Tue Aug 24 06:55:40 MDT 2010

I'm with Tom.  CA will "wick in" to the wood itself easily.  Getting into
the seam between the Tuning Pin and Pin Block is child's play.  Treat it
now, see how it holds, and perhaps do it again in a few months.  Use a thin
hypo and if it's an upright, don't bother tipping.  It gets in easily
enough, and I find that this method keeps you from applying too much CA.
 Stop applying before it starts running down the plate.  ;-]

William R. Monroe