[pianotech] Treble Bridge Repair

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 23 16:39:30 MDT 2010

Joe (the other one<G>) Goss said: "BTW Daniel,
Joe did this repair for our chapter a few years ago in about 30 minutes. His book is only a guide, and as you get more experience things just go faster, just like tuning. Down to 45 min when I really push it. <G>"
Joe et al,
Yes, I did it in around 45 minutes, in a class situation. However, I just did the repair and a minor amount of the "clean up". The final clean up and putting the strings back on and tuning that area, back up to pitch. will take another 45 minutes or so. Also, that was only about an 8va of needed repaird. It would take longer with more notes involved. I used the Devcon 2 ton Clear for that repair. The initial damage was not sufficient to warrant the Steel Epoxy and some other techniques. It all depends on the extent of the damage. Joe's correct, after doing that sort of thing, you get faster and more efficient in this sort of thing. I first did it in the 70's under Del's tutelage, so I think I have the high mileage on this. BTW, I do bass bridge replacement/recaps for the trade.<G> (end of commercial)
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police