[pianotech] customers

John Ross jrpiano at eastlink.ca
Mon Aug 23 09:40:57 MDT 2010

Thinking on repeat business.
Dampp-Chaser used to have post cards you left with the customer, for them to schedule a tuning.
How about a card saying something like, 'Where I have serviced your piano, I am now familiar with it and it's requirements.
Use this card to schedule an appointment, letting me know times that are convenient to you.
The card is prepaid, the message can be customized to say what you want.
So you don't waste them, and the stamp, ask them if they would be interested in having one of the cards.
Just an idea, that I haven't see mentioned.
Sometimes the reason you are not called back, is that the customer wasn't satisfied with your work, and didn't want to hurt your feelings.
I alway tell people that I want to be informed, if they feel that something isn't right.
It is much better to have them tell you, so you can rectify it, than have them tell everyone else your work is no good, and not to get you.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.