[pianotech] Bosendorfer 275 Castors

Byeway222 at aol.com Byeway222 at aol.com
Sun Aug 22 06:36:22 MDT 2010

I need to replace the damaged castors on a 1980's Bosendorfer 275  concert
grand.   Bosendorfer no longer make the 275 since it was  replaced with the
new 280 some years ago and they inform me that the castors  for the new
concert grand would not fit a 275.   However,  they can offer a set with a
slightly wider stem (24mm).  The hole in the  leg is about 20mm.  I am wondering
if these are actually castors for  the 290 Imperial and that we should just
drill out the leg of out 275 and fit  them.  I am not entirely sure whether
these come with the integrated square  brass cup which terminates the
Bosendorfer legs.  The square cups on our  275 appear to be damaged, in that the
brass outer tube in which the steel stem  rotates are no longer attached to
the cup.

Any Bosendorfer castor experiences out there?

Thanks

ric