[pianotech] repeat business

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Fri Aug 20 19:02:01 MDT 2010

Hi Susan,

When you say that a piano that goes way out of wack after a few days, will more often go back in after a few weeks, are you saying that each unison will go back into perfect tune?

Whenever I come to a piano that is almost "perfect", as in your example, instead of doing a touch-up, I do a complete tuning.  When I come to a string that is dead on pitch, I knock it out then tune it back, all the while resetting the pin.

You are right by saying a tuning is not bound by time, however, pianos start to go out of tune the moment we leave the home.

TODD PIANO WORKS
Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
(979) 248-9578
http://www.toddpianoworks.com