[pianotech] repeat business

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 23:34:56 MDT 2010

Actually Tom, I misread your post - You did say *at least *once a year. My
rant is more focused towards those who *recommend *once a year. I even see
it on some techs' web sites. I agree that only the owner can decide how
often they want to tune. For that reason I don't give a recommendation. I
quote what the manufactures' say, and I can explain why pianos go out of
tune. Personally I don't care if they tune it once a week or once every 10
years - its their piano and their money.

I didn't mean to suggest that most of my clients get their pianos serviced 3
or 4 times per year. Some do, most don't. Either way is fine. Sometimes I
enjoy the ones that have been neglected because the improvement is so
striking - the client thinks your a hero!

-Ryan

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter