[pianotech] toy piano tone bar help

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Wed Aug 18 13:55:38 MDT 2010

Elwood:

I have one of those Deagan tone bars - it was a gift from an audiologist friend of mine many years ago.  Contact the executor of my estate after I'm gone and she'll probably sell it to you.  :-)

I use it as a second reference for calibrating TuneLab though you do have to be quick.  After about 2 seconds the pitch rises as it is dying away.  I've never used it as a pitch reference for actual tuning as I think the duration of the super accurate phase of the pitch would be too short.  It is accurate and consistent!

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu