[pianotech] toy piano tone bar help

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Wed Aug 18 11:47:27 MDT 2010

When I was in college the head of the Music Department had a set of tone bars that looked like this<http://cgi.ebay.com/1920s-Deagan-Plate-Chimes-Railroad-and-Steamship-Porter-/250683635730?pt=Vintgae_Drums_Percussion>.  The five were labeled with their frequency and they were 436, 437, 438, 439 and 440.  One could strike any two and listen to the number of beats per second.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT

dporritt at smu.edu