[pianotech] repeat business

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 12:35:25 MDT 2010

Hi Susan,
Are you saying call or don't call? or are you saying use a different approach when we call?  When I call I simply say I"m Marshall Gisondi.  I'm calling to schedule your 6th month or yearly tuning please call me at ..." For some reason people don't return calls. I left a message a week for the past three weeks on  one machine in particular.  I have another customer with budget issues that I'm trying to assist in finding better pianos that don't require so much repair. I e-mail this person because they never check their voice mail, no return e-mail.  I found her on face book and tried e-mailing her there.  If persistance is what customers want I can give that to them :-)  I've done telemarketing both for others and myself off and on for the past 25 years, so Im used to calling calling calling.  However I struggle most with the rejection aspects. Even though folks on here tell me "it's not you." then I reply, it has to be something. "Economy" I'm told, but other techs. are busy, getting the churches.  I must say however, I'm doing well in that I've only been back in my area for a year and was able to land another small school district, but it's work and I'm excited about starting them next month.  My gripe is that I need less time between work, so that money can come in and bills and get paid.  It's tough when you have a family as all of you know.

I read that 70% of blind and vision impaired people are out of work. I went to school to change this percentage by obtaining a career that I love.  I just need some kind of method to beat this economy or whatever else is causing the e-mails & calls not to be returned.   As the advice was given, I'm trying to relax, and honestly I could use a vacation if I coudl afford one, I'd be down the Jersey shore right now soaking in some sun eating good food and salt water taffy walking the board walk with the wife and kids.  I just need something to jump start this thing.
Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com