[pianotech] repeat business

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Tue Aug 17 13:09:27 MDT 2010

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone here have the trouble of getting people to reschedule for their 6 month tunings?  I've been told I do quality work.  Maybe I feel it more because I haven't been in business as long as someone who might have 300 customers and 30 of theirs don't return calls or reschedule.  do you guys run into things like people not returning calls, moving etc?  I'm finding this to be rediculous.
Marshall

Hi Marshall

When I hit my 6 months tenure as a piano tuner, I was expecting all of my customers to welcome me back with open arms. But when I started calling them, I got one excuse and after another, or just a plain, no thank you, the piano still sounds fine. This was before voice mail and caller ID's. Now I suspect that with voice mail and caller ID, your customers aren't even picking up the phone because they don't want to tell you in person they don't want their piano tuned.

There is nothing you can do about it. Just keep on calling, and accept the fact that nine out of ten customers are not going to have their piano tuned after 6 months. I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but unfortunately, with the state of the economy the way it is, piano tuning is not on the top of the list for most folks. For a while this summer business was getting back to almost normal. But in the last week or so, it's been getting bad, again.

I hope you can hang in there a little whole longer.

Wim

Does anyone here have the trouble of getting people to reschedule for their 6 month tunings?  I've been told I do quality work.  Maybe I feel it more because I haven't been in business as long as someone who might have 300 customers and 30 of theirs don't return calls or reschedule.  do you guys run into things like people not returning calls, moving etc?  I'm finding this to be rediculous.
Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com