[pianotech] Hanta virus in WA state(wandering OT)

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Aug 16 14:16:38 MDT 2010

Also I've just heard on a pet-related radio show that the plague is still
evident around the US.  Mostly in New Mexico (as the virus likes drier
conditions);  But, it's from the FLEAS!!!  As was the case after extensive
research...not the rats, in the middle ages.  the rats/mice were just the
carriers. People didn't get it from the rat and mice bites, as that was
rare. but by flea bites on humans... Then the virus settled in the lungs,
people coughed and spewed junk out, others breathed in, just like getting
the flu, and so we lost 1/3 the worlds' population way back in the middle
ages. It makes sense, as nobody bathed in those days.  (OT: I heard about
why flowers are so abundant at weddings, and why June is most
popular...It's because back then, once a year, the men all got a bath,
then the women. All in the spring.  The water was so dirty for the poor
women, that body odor was still a problem, so they would adorn the women
with piles of flowers to hide their other "stuffs".  Ewe!

Icky to think about, but hey, it was 1,000 years ago...who knew?

On the good side; there are antibiotics available to kill the thing now,
and the virus is pretty easy to kill.

I say: wear a mask and rubber gloves when cleaning anything you don't know
about (history-wise).  It might save your life!  Just don't turn your head
and cough!

Keep Healthy!  I hope you don't read this right before dinner :>)

Paul