[pianotech] Hanta virus in WA state

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Mon Aug 16 13:53:52 MDT 2010

Hi David,

Yes, there are other "nasty things" that rodents carry on to us.  To name a
few:

Bordetellosis

bacteria

rats

Encephalomyocarditis

virus

rats, mice

Leptospirosis

bacteria

rats, mice

Pseudorabies

virus

rats*

Salmonellosis

bacteria

rats, mice

Swine dysentery

bacteria

rats, mice

Swine erysipelas

bacteria

rats

Toxoplasmosis

protozoan

various rodents

Trichinosis

nematode

rats

The list is really quite extensive, probalby on the order of two or three
dozen potential infections/diseases one could reliably get from mice/rats.
However, I've not been able to find reliable information as to the viability
of these agents outside the carrier.  In the end, use caution.  ;-]

William R. Monroe