[pianotech] pinblock drilling clamp

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 12 13:58:58 MDT 2010

Ron,

OK, that fits with what I've experienced.  My second pass drill is a
conventional F jobbers bit, but I want to use a brad point for first
pass; it's easier to align with the transfer punch marks.  I'll look for
a 6mm brad point.  I believe you've commented in the past that your
second pass drill bit has been in use for many blocks, dulling does not
seem to be an issue.  Did you find that initial sharpness of the new bit
was detrimental - is there any advantage to dulling the tip of a new bit?

thanks