[pianotech] pianotech Digest, Vol 7, Issue 29

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 12:19:15 MDT 2010

Julien,
I suggest you get copies of Newton Hunt's guide (via the PTG Home Office),
or Joe Garrett's larger print and more detailed G-Works job estimate book.
Neither of these are "price guides" but rather estimates of technician-hours
per job. You plug in your hourly rate, and you have an estimate of your
labor charges. Wim Bless' book may also be helpful.
Also, do some research on what other piano technicians are charging in your
area. It might be very high, or very low, depending on local conditions,
their level of expertise, etc.
Best wishes,
Patrick Draine