[pianotech] Player Question?

John Ross jrpiano at eastlink.ca
Tue Aug 10 13:59:14 MDT 2010

Hi Ron,
I wonder if I am understanding the word gusset.
I was assuming it was the leather reinforcing on the corners of the front folds.
This is the first one I have ran across with the leather.
It has the cardboard inside which I always replace.
In the inside there is no indication of what I usually see at the folds, worn away so you can see right through.
That is what made me think it might not be needed.
But it looks like that the gussets are reason it was not worn there?
The Leather Supply House and The Columbia Organ Leathers seem to be the place to buy the leather.
Any preference in which leather to buy, as they seem to have a few different kinds, also what thickness would be a good one.
It seems a shame to buy a whole skin, (Scottishness showing here).
The bellows are covered with bellows cloth, which I have.
Thank you.
As always the list comes through again.
John Ross
Windsor Nova Scotia.