[pianotech] Nordiska Fallboard Closing Insert

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 23:02:32 MDT 2010

Hi Mark,

It looks exactly like the part on my Palatino grand, (I've attached a
picture) so it must be an available part. Unfortunately the one on my piano
doesn't work so hot either- the one in your picture probably broke when
someone was trying to get the fall board in and out. Unlike most pianos the
fall board on my piano has to be completely up before it will come out. I
had a heckuva time with it.

Nordiska was made by Dongbei who I believe is now owned by Baldwin/Gibson.
So you should be able to get the part through them.

OR you could try emailing Palatino to get the part: info at themusiclink.net

That's my 1.5 cents worth!

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT