[pianotech] D5 damper problem on a Wurlitzer grand (1962)

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 30 03:03:32 MDT 2009

First, I would like you to sign your posts. This is kind of basic.

For your problem, I think that you probably will have to remove the sustenuto, unscrew and lift the damper stop rail, and remove the flange to repin. This is probably a Wurlitzer made by Young Chang or Samick, and I've seen many that had that problem. Thank God it wasn't generalized and happened more with hammer flanges. You could try the protek first, but from my experience it makes it worse. It's up to you. Do you absolutely want to get the call back for the note that you had fixed... or do you want to fix it right?

Repin is my answer for a sure fix.

Marcel Carey

Sherbrooke, QC