[pianotech] Somewhat OT... metals recycling

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Tue Sep 29 22:29:02 MDT 2009

Paul,

I would suggest you might first find out where you would actually take your
metal for recycling.  Once you figure that out, ask them what they will and
will not accept and to what degree it must be sorted.  Every location is
different, in my experience.  And yes, as Ron alluded to, I wouldn't plan on
filling a 30 gallon trash can with old tuning pins, etc. and then expect to
actually be able to move it.  A coffee can, or in my case, an old oil drain
pan (hey - it was available) hold more than enough weight to carry in one
trip.

I'm waiting for my kids to get old enough to start stripping copper off bass
strings, sorting/cleaning screws, you know, the high profile work..........

William R. Monroe