[pianotech] Schaff compatable tuning lever heads-tips

Brian Wilson pianocare2 at bigpond.com
Sun Sep 27 06:37:42 MDT 2009

Tom
The watanabe heads do not really fit on to the steel shaft of the modern schaff. (I have lever 21C )They screw all the way however you can feel it move when you start to use it on a pin. The watanabe tips fit on to the schaff heads.( 13F, 13G & 13H
The Jahn head does not fit on a schaff shaft.
And why are the tips different sizes? On a 7.35mm tuning pin, I can use either a Schaff 3 or 4, a Jahn 4 or a watanabe 2... now I find that confusing.....
Best advice is to keep all parts to corresponding brands. Not to have levers, heads and tips all mixed up like I have...
Brian