[pianotech] a picture for you

Carlos Ralon ceralon at comcast.net
Tue Sep 22 19:54:44 MDT 2009

Hi guys:
I hope I can describe this understandably; With the action out....
Place each end action bracket on a stack of books about 6" high with the sticker points down. This allows the little wood tip that contacts the keys to hold the metal tips of the stickers up high enough to place the rail with its holes in front of each pin. When aligned the whole rail is slid on at one time.  I've demo'd this many times for other techs. It take about one minute to do this, but about ten minutes to find enough books.
Carlos Ralon, RPT