[pianotech] use of cell phones

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 13:51:29 MDT 2009

As I have reported earlier, my sister is a health nut, and does a lot of research on environmentally safe products. Here is what she found about the use of cell phones.

My business line is my cell phone. A number of states now ban the use of cell phones while driving, including Hawaii, so I had to get a blue tooth. But instead of hanging on my ear all the time, it hangs on my light switch, and I put it on my when the phone rings. When I get out of the car, I turn off the blue tooth, and carry the phone in my pocket.

Wim

CELL PHONE RADIATION: Four billion people around the globe own cell phones. As the market for new devices has grown, so have concerns about the safety of cell phone radiation.

Recent studies find significantly higher risks for brain and salivary gland tumors among people using cell phones for 10 years or longer. The state of the science is provocative and troubling, and much more research is essential.

The U.S. government ought to require cell phone companies to label their products’ radiation output so that consumers can do the numbers at the point of sale.
It doesn’t, so Environmental Working Group has created a user-friendly interactive online guide to cell phone emissions.

10 Best Phones
Listing is based on phones currently available from major carriers.

1. Samsung Impression (SGH-a877) [AT&T]
2. Motorola RAZR V8 [CellularONE]
3. Samsung SGH-t229 [T-Mobile]
=C
2
4. Samsung Rugby (SGH-a837) [AT&T]
5. Samsung Propel Pro (SGH-i627) [AT&T]
6. Samsung Gravity (SGH-t459) [CellularONE, T-Mobile]

7. T-Mobile Sidekick [T-Mobile]
8. LG Xenon (GR500) [AT&T]
9. Motorola Karma QA1 [AT&T]
10. Sanyo Katana II [Kajeet]

••••• What you can do: In any case, limit your use of cell phones. Children should be especially restricted in using cell phones and warned of the hazards, just as they grow up knowing the dangers of driving without a seat belt.