[pianotech] Weickert Hammers

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Sat Sep 19 14:55:31 MDT 2009

?So, you would say that these would work great for practice rooms?
?My Abel naturals from wally are absolutely awesome, but waaaay too
powerful for a 10x10 practice room. ?I have to voice the heck out of them
to calm them down.

 I think they will be good practice room hammers, I may even put a set in next without the hardener and see if perhaps they can be brought up through simply playing time.? However,? the students seem to want far more power and attack out of the pianos than I think is good for their hearing or their sense of dynamics.?
??? I have seen students on Yamaha C2's in a 10X10 foot room, lid up, and absolutely pounding the piano!? It is deafening, but they say they like it.? I wonder how they can ever be made aware of the tonal palette if they are substituting loudness for everything.? I wonder sometimes if there isn't a lot more hearing loss occurring at younger ages than anybody wants to talk about.?
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT

?