[pianotech] Ari Isaac's bass strings

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Fri Sep 18 14:20:33 MDT 2009

All,

Just a brief report on Ari Isaac's bass strings. Vince M and I bought sets and they are very good sounding indeed! Ari says that he is the only one NOT using the softer winding, and that they will age better. We'll see. But they do sound great right now. I've used Hellerbass and Arledge for years, but I think these might be an improvement. Ari should (if he hasn't) post something about these because I think it merits your consideration. A "harder" copper winding? I think that's what he says.

Ari, will you comment?

Jim Busby