[pianotech] Database for Piano Business

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Thu Sep 17 15:22:38 MDT 2009

Patrick,

If you can't get someone's "template", and IF you can import data to your DB
from a text file, you could create one line that says
#8 flat head 1 inch
then repeat it for however many lengths you have. Then copy that whole bunch
and change the "#8" to "#10" (or whatever) on all the new ones

Then import the text file into your DB table.

Paul Bruesch

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:49 PM, J Patrick Draine <jpdraine at gmail.com>wrote:
<snip>

> On this topic -- does anyone have a nice template for parts inventory
> (Bento, Filemaker, whatever)? At the moment my goal is to inventory really
> basic stuff like screws and don't feel like endlessly typing "#8 flat head 1
> inch, #8 flat head 1.25 inch, etc."
> Patrick

</snip>