[pianotech] Database for Piano Business

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 11:49:58 MDT 2009

I was messing around with that last night, taking my customer DB which is
still in AppleWorks 6 (I'm a Mac user). Save your data to ASCII, change the
file type to .TSV, and it opens up readily. There's a Bento web page that
walks you through this process if you aren't familiar with this process.Then
the "real work" starts, making sure your field names are set up properly,
editing them if necessary, etc.This part of the task is where I get
headaches, regardless of the "new" software package. Bento is "good" in this
regard, but my brain really isn't made for this stuff.
On this topic -- does anyone have a nice template for parts inventory
(Bento, Filemaker, whatever)? At the moment my goal is to inventory really
basic stuff like screws and don't feel like endlessly typing "#8 flat head 1
inch, #8 flat head 1.25 inch, etc."
Patrick