[pianotech] Random Digests

Andy Rudoff andy at rudoff.com
Wed Sep 16 16:48:51 MDT 2009

Every few months, Yahoo refuses mail from the PTG server.  It is temporary
and it clears up after a few days (although sometimes the mail bounces
before they clear it up and some of you who use Yahoo Mail get bounced off
the list).

This is not something I control and only Yahoo can explain why it happens.
They ignore all my requests for information and have never replied to me
when I've asked about it.  I have gone through the hoops several times of
filling out their on-line form explaining that pianotech is an opt-in list
that people subscribe themselves to.  But for some reason, the automated
filtering at Yahoo gets triggered now and then.

This also happens with AOL, but much less frequently.  Chalk it up to the
fact that SPAM is such a horrible problem on the Internet that these
companies have had to implement aggressive filters that sometimes overreact.

-andy