[pianotech] Crazy Otto tuning

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Fri Sep 11 04:50:49 MDT 2009

Bruce:

Just listen as you do it.  I'd guess that in the treble particularly the two cent span you mention might not be enough.  Just knock them out until it sounds authentic.  I've had to do that a couple of times here when the Wind Ensemble was doing music from the Three Penny Opera.  The piano for Mack the Knife needs to be pretty ripe according to the conductor.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu