[pianotech] Hearing protection

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Tue Sep 8 13:48:40 MDT 2009

Jon--That's good news!

I know Hans Troost in Holland likes them and he suggested that I sell them, so I contacted the company and received all their sales information and a sample headset. But when I wore them hanging from my ears, like the instructions said, the headset kept rubbing against my clothing and making its own high pitched noise.

 How do you wear theM? Are you wearing them on top of your head?

Also, my problem may be caused by my tiny ear canals and small concha. I couldn't wear the Etymotic 20's either because of my small ear canals. They caused my ears to ache. Now that they have the Baby Blues, it probably wouldn't be such a problem any more.

Since you said;

I modified the mounts for the foam covers by cutting away the
front portion to reduce pressure on the tragus (that protrusion in front of the external auditory canal).

Indicates that they might have been a bit large for you too.

How did you modify them?  I'd like to try them again.

Thanks!

Diane Hofstetter