[pianotech] Agraffe for Chinese piano

Bruce Dornfeld bdornfeld at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 2 21:07:26 MDT 2009

My friend J from Chicago did send a bit more info and here it is:

Bruce,

  My quest continues for a three hole agraffe. I'm sorry I didn't include
more info about the piano but here it is; Joseph Brodmann grand, model
BG-187, #0001308 purchased (I am told) about a year ago.

  I left the part in the tuning pin area of the piano after I took
measurements so I don't have a photo. The threads mic out at exactly .275"
that is about 6.9 mm so I suspect it is not metric.

  I have contacted the company who has a very nice website and tries very
hard to seem like a european entity but it seems pretty obvious that they
are being made in China.

  The part has an arched top and a high polished finish like most agraffes
in asian pianos.

  I'm sure I could improvise a repair but this piano is still under warranty
and I would prefer not to take responsibility for that. I wonder if a
japanese part might fit?  J

Bruce Dornfeld, RPT

bdornfeld at earthlink.net

North Shore Chapter