[pianotech] Workload

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Sat Oct 31 08:33:19 MDT 2009

The messages in this thread certainly shows a remarkable variety of "full days" from 3 or 4 to 15 - 18!  My view of the high numbers is probably skewed by a guy I know who can do 15 pretty regularly.  His end result is not to be confused with a concert tuning nor actually even a decent console tune-up.

I'm sure that many of you who do the high daily numbers do very good work I just can't keep up with that pace.  My personal record is 10 in a day.  That was 5 each in two schools (little driving) and the pianos were tuned twice a year and all were P22s (easy to tune).  That was also many years ago when I was considerably younger!  How do you manage that many tunings in a day?

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
6101 Bishop Blvd.