[pianotech] scheduling program

pmc033 at earthlink.net pmc033 at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 30 10:31:58 MDT 2009

Hi, Brian:
    I usually do this on the fly when people call for an appointment.  I have my Palm Treo and I look and see where I'm going to be, and I ask where the customer is.  I ask the caller if they have time available in an appointment slot near another appointment slot with a customer in the area.  Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.
    You could designate certain days where you  go to certain  parts of town.  Make a list of zip codes in a certain area, and when someone calls for an appointment, ask them for the zip code.  Look it up and see what area they're in, and the corresponding days you  go there.
    What kind of calendar are you using- is it electronic/computerized or do you use DayTimers or what?
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego