[pianotech] Stringing Case

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 29 19:03:54 MDT 2009

You don't need all the string sizes for normal broken string repair.   I carry 16, 15.5, 15, etc. in a old canvas bag with a strap.   It has my tools and stays in the car unless duty calls.   You don't want to be hauling a heavy kit of unnecessary tools and wire.   1/4 lb reels.   I rarely splice broken bass strings.   I phone Mapes or Ardlege with the measurements and install in a week or so.   Did a pretty nice splice on #9 bass string on a C7 awhile back...in fact the Yamaha replacement string is still in the shop...

the other string sizes are in the parts box in the car if necessary...just in case someone is dying to comment...

Genck made a very nice "heavy" kit for wire etc.   Schaff use to carry it...someone may have one to sell...

Consider

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044