[pianotech] damper problem

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 29 16:23:34 MDT 2009

Hi Avery,

Damper tail? you mean lever where the felt meets the spoon?  When I go back on MOnday, I'll check it out.  This is a direct blow action a bit tricky to hook up to an action cradle, not much for the cradel to grab on to.

Travel time gets in my way in tuning maybe more than tuning speed which is picking up nicely.  Today I took a train to tune a piano one of the tunings I do for a piano mover, on a subcontract basis, I walked and walked and walked and... finaly I called the customer and told her I couldn't find her. She came and picked me up and brought me back to the station. Man was I grateful. So with travel, and the occasional trouble finding the customer plus the fact I do have a school district, I think this week i'm doing only tuned 5. I guess that's a far cry from 20 to 25, :-)

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com