[pianotech] Collection Agencies

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Thu Oct 29 03:55:27 MDT 2009

Yeh, makes me warm and fuzzy too....

Will Truitt

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of David Love
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 1:21 AM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Collection Agencies

A sit in.  Damn, those were the days.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Ron Nossaman
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:20 PM
To: pianotech at ptg.org

My first year in business as an independent, I did a
rebuild/soundboard/refinish for someone. I delivered the piano
before getting paid. First year, remember, and didn't seem to
be able to get the guy to send me a check for the job. After a
couple of months of dancing around it to no effect, I went to
his place of business, where he sold airplanes. I walked in,
announced who I was and why I was there, and PROMISED that I
would sit in the reception area as long as it took, discussing
the overdue invoice and general trustworthiness of the
business owner with everyone who walked in the door in great
detail until a check for the balance appeared in my hand.
Within the hour, having repelled only one walk in potential
client, I had a check and was on my way to the bank.

I much prefer mutual trust and consideration to this sort of
stuff.
Ron N