[pianotech] Don't work for this manufacturer

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Wed Oct 28 20:09:42 MDT 2009

It's certainly possible that I've misunderstood what Wim wrote earlier, but as I
ecall the dealer asked Wim to do the job and send the bill to the manufacturer,
ithout it ever being authorized.  You usually don't get to spend someone else's
oney without them saying it's OK first.
Mark Wisner

Mark

You are right, that the dealer asked me to do the repairs, and send the invoice to the Samick. But wouldn't that be considered "prior" authorization? Or are you saying that I should have asked Samick if it's OK to do the work? The problem in this particular situation was that it took me two hours to figure out what I needed to do and an other hour to make the repairs. What was I supposed to do in that case? Tell the customer "I know what the problem, but now I need to get permission to do the work. I'll see you later". That doesn't make sense.

Wim