[pianotech] damper problem

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 28 18:30:05 MDT 2009

Hi keith,

Yep, damper seems ok when the pedal is depressed.  I'm not sure oif ths quote was addressed to  me or not,

"I'm not sure how you're lifting the damper to test it...do you mean with the key, or by hand?  I'm assuming with the key."

It's hard to follow the long threads on the list, so if I'm answering the wrong person just let me know. :=)  ubt I'm lifting the damper with the key it's a Petroff upright.

Marshall

Have you looked at the back check to see if it might be hitting something like a sostenuto rail bracket.  I've seen that more than once.

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com
215-510-9400