[pianotech] RE;Don't work for this manufacturer

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 27 17:04:45 MDT 2009

I have waited for payment from slow paying manufacturers many times over the
years, I'm going on 41 years in the business.

I recall Kimball haggling over how much they would pay, trying to drive down
my price.

Baldwin insisting since I hadn't been to Baldwin school I had to turn the
work over to the dealer.

Story & Clark called me to go look at a warranty issue which I repaired and
billed them $200 for and waited and waited, then called and was assured it
was being sent soon, waited some more, called again, very soon now I was
told. Two weeks later I received a notice from the bankruptcy court that I
was an unsecured creditor, in other words kiss my $200 goodbye.

I've done work for Kawai, Samick, Young Chang and Suzuki(they sell grands
online through Costco) and most of the other makes sold and none of them
have the corner on being fast with a check or particularly slow sending
them.

It all boils down to how well you worded your billing and how well the clerk
that opened it routes it once it gets there, in other words, LUCK!

Mike

--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404