[pianotech] still waiting for something from Bechstein....

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Mon Oct 26 22:01:37 MDT 2009

 This is really frustrating, and I hate taking this sort of thing into a public forum.  I'm used to good service from manufacturers, though.

About a month ago, I serviced a Bechstein Academy 190 (the more economically priced model with asian built action parts) that is approximately 2-3 years old.  Most of the repetition springs were clicking like crickets.  I figured, no problem, Protek grease, and I'll be a hero...

Alas, things did not work out that way.  I don't even think the treatment lessened the noises at all.  Frustrated, I called the place where the client bought the piano, but they are no longer Bechstein dealers.  They referred me to the current dealer, who didn't want to deal with the previous dealer's client.  I managed to get the name and number of the national tech support guy (which I won't say here).  I sent an e-mail, and place several calls to see what they wanted to do about this annoying problem.  So far, I have heard nil.

If I ignored phone calls and e-mails this way, I'd be out of business.  But then, maybe that's what's happening with them.  Does anyone know anything about the well-being of this hallowed piano builder?  Has anyone else had similar problems getting help from this company?

Dave Stahl, RPT
Dave Stahl Piano Service
dstahlpiano at sbcglobal.net
dstahlpiano.net