[pianotech] Finger Cymbal Sounds Answer

Steven Hopp hoppsmusic at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 23 13:41:22 MDT 2009

 Hello,

Thanks to all for the suggestions.  In the end it was duplex noise.  Once muted everything was fine.  I thought it was in relation to my finling and voicing but I now realize that we had just moved this piano from a proffessors small office to an auditorium.  I believe the acoustics are what helped pronounce the noise which was probably already present in the small room but was not as audible?  I will know for sure when we move it back after the recital Sunday.

It is interesting that the proffesor did not hear the noise until I pointed it out to him while explaining the "funny" mute job in the non speaking length of the strings.

Cheers to all,

Steven Hopp

PianoWorks Studio

Midland, TX