[pianotech] More difficult than upright damper spoons

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Fri Oct 23 11:02:22 MDT 2009

Greetings,

       I have never had to do this, and I don't know if you are talking
about a coil type or a straight (rep lever) type spring, but, when I need to
put a jack spring back in, I have found that tweezers ( the 6" ones from
Schaff with the slightly curved narrow ends) allow me  to squeeze the center
coils so that I can align the spring's ends right where I want them and then I
release the tweezers and the spring pops right in place.
I dont know if this helps.
Medical clamps and dentist towel clamps help with things I "need extra
hands/fingers" to do.

Julia
Reading, PA

In a message dated 10/10/2009 6:24:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,