[pianotech] Finger Cymbal Sounds

allan at sutton.net allan at sutton.net
Thu Oct 22 11:38:48 MDT 2009

In Andre's book, check Mating hammer and strings, p 65, and especially p 67
paragraph 2

Your three strings are not struck at the exact same moment and phase
cancellation occurs. Your filing has taken more away from one side of the
striking point surface.

Maybe?

Allan Sutton
www.pianotechniquemontreal.com