[pianotech] Finger Cymbal Sounds

Steven Hopp hoppsmusic at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 22 10:58:34 MDT 2009

Hello,

Can anyone tell me why after sanding a set of hammers (lightly) I now have 3 hammers that have sounds coming from them that ring almost like a carol of the bells finger cymbal???  Are there super high partials being excited???  Most importantly what can I do to get rid of them.  I have the new voicing book from Andre' but no mention that I can remember.

HELP!

Thanks,

Steven Hopp

Midland, TX.