[pianotech] What kind of action?

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 22 07:37:25 MDT 2009

Thank you for the heads up, Charles.

There is one broken cord, but there was a Christmas tree light bulb wedged in right there. I cleaned up the action and tugged fairly hard on the springs--nothing broke. That would be a good enough test, wouldn't it? This is only the second action of this type that I've serviced--when Brambach was mentioned, it rang a bell. The first time was about 20 years ago. That one had a case of crumbling hammer shanks, among other things. The piano was toast. The worst part was the farmer backed into my car and his trailer hitch did a number on my bumper and then, the next day when I went out to my car, it had a flat tire (a big nail I picked up...somewhere). Yeah, it was memorable.

This is one of those hard-luck cases--limited funds, etc. But I would prefer that their hard luck didn't turn into my hard luck...

Thanks,

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois