[pianotech] Stroud BG fallboard removal "challenge"

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Mon Oct 19 07:55:38 MDT 2009

 Hi All,

The other day I was working on a small Stroud Grand that is actually in decent shape--far better than one can expect from a "free piano."  I was trying to get the action out to clean and inspect it, but I could not for the life of me figure out how to remove the fallboard from the pins.  There was no access to any kind of attachment on the face of the fallboard.  The only apparent entry to anything was via slots on the underside of the fallboard (in "up" position) slide down over the mounting pins.

Anybody have any experience with these?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave Stahl, RPT