[pianotech] Restringing with original pinblock

Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 17 07:03:20 MDT 2009

least
  From: Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft
  Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2009 8:51 AM
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Subject: Re: [pianotech] Restringing with original pinblock

  Thanks to everyone who replied. Based on all the very helpful input, I think I'll replace the pinblock. Joe and Wim, thanks for the push I needed to just do it and not take any chances.

  It's a two level pinblock and will be quite a bit more work than normal, but at lease I wont have to worry about it going bad down the road. The upside (not performance wise) it that it's just attached to the plate and has no connection to the case. Even the low end pianos I've done are screwed into the case. Go figure.

  Al