[pianotech] Yamaha vs. Kawai

Steven Hopp hoppsmusic at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 15 21:43:36 MDT 2009

Thanks to all for the replies.  The Jents reference was known but appreciated.  They are one of the dealers considered for Kawaii.  Locally it's Yamaha, Knabe, Petrof, Cable Nelson, Pearl River or bust.

In Grand Rapids I played the Hailuns and liked them very much.  I thought the sound was good for a Sunday afternoon if you get my drift.  The touch was fine from what I remember.

Anyway, I get it and your all right.  It's up to the client and they should be encouraged to play as many pianos as possible before making a decision such as this.  I will pass on these thoughts.

Love this list....

Steven Hopp

Midland Texas

PianoWorks Studio