[pianotech] The Talking Piano

Court Stewart calexste at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 12:26:55 MDT 2009

Forgive me if this has already been posted (don't think so).

An amazing example of the flexibility of the piano.  I'd like to see the
notational transcription!

-Court Stewart

http://www.synthgear.com/2009/strange-weird/talking-piano/

>From the Article:

What he’s managed to do is pretty incredible. Peter analyzed the frequency
spectrum of a child’s voice using fourier analysis, and then transferred
this frequency spectrum of the child’s voice into his own software on his
computer.

He then created a mechanical “auto-player” for his piano that plays the
piano keys via midi computer control. His software then assigns keys to the
various frequency components of the resulting fourier transform, and uses
the piano’s notes to re-assemble the spectrum.